- Tim Cook: 1.8 billion devices in active use
- Tim Cook: Supply constraints in the holiday quarter were worse than in the previous quarter
- Tim Cook: App Store is an «economic miracle» with $260 billion paid out. 2021 was a new record for dev earnings
- Half of iPad purchasers new to the product
- Apple Watch saw about 2/3 of customers purchasing in the quarter new to the product
- Paid subscriptions grew to more than 785 million in total, up 165 million in the last 12 months
- $14.4 billion spent in the quarter on 93 million Apple shares, with 30 million shares retired (16 billions of them)
- Apple earned 10% more in the holiday quarter than it did in the entirety of 2011 — MO
Question and answer time!
Cook never said the word Metaverse -MW
- Daryanani: How does Apple decide on what to put R&D funding on?
- Cook: We look at things that are at the intersection of hardware, software, and services.
AAPL is at $167.30 at the end of the call
Closing audio was punctuated by laughter. -MW